Prospective members can try out up to three club training sessions free of charge before joining. There are several types of membership available, depending on whether you intend to take part in events or just train with the club. Simply visit the Triathlon Ireland website, pick the type of membership you would like and select Kinsale Tri as your club of choice. Apart from the benefits of joining your local club, Triathlon Ireland Membership with club affiliation is also cheaper. Club membership costs €20.00 and the discounted Triathlon Ireland Rates are as follows:
- Full Membership €65.00
- Under 23 Membership (18-23yrs) €40.00
- Club Training Membership €22.00
- Swim Plus Membership (which gives access to certain Swim Ireland events without having to become a member of Swim Ireland) €80.00
- Under 23 Swim Plus Membership €45.00
Benefits of joining up include:
- Insurance Cover – Third party and personal accident cover while racing in a sanctioned event, training with an affiliated club or training on your own.
- Annual Membership – In order to take part in a Triathlon Ireland sanctioned event, you must purchase a one day membership in addition to the entry fee which can cost up to €25.00 per event. Full membership covers entry to unlimited events and avoids the need to purchase a one day membership each time. If you think you may enter one or more races in the course of the year it is worth taking out a full membership.
- Race Series Eligibility – Compete in any of the Triathlon Ireland Race Series.
- ITU/ETU Age Group Representation – Race in the green of Ireland as an Age Group athlete.
- €20 Voucher for Cycle Superstore (Full & U23 Membership Only) *Subject to €50 minimum spend in store & online*
- 15% discount voucher from Just Eat (Full & U23 Membership Only)
- Membership Discounts – Generous discounts available on a variety of products and services.